It’s an age old problem. As men age, our performance in the bedroom can start to lack in consistency and enthusiasm.
So what’s an older guy gotta do to keep his mojo strong and his partner happy?
One way is to take one of the many performance enhancing drugs on the market today. But I don’t recommend that.
I mean, if you really care about your overall health, why would you want to be taking those drugs anyway?
I am here to tell all of you guys reading this… there is a better way – a healthy way – which will have your partner coming back for more.
Don’t know where to start? Need a little help? First things first…
Let’s look at your diet.
Sexologists, cardiologists and psychologists agree: the foods you consume have a huge impact on your sexual health.
Here are 5 healthy foods to improve your libido that will also have you looking and feeling good in no time!
1. Green Vegetables. Spinach, kale, brussels sprouts, broccoli and other green vegetables contain magnesium and folate, which help to dilate blood vessels and create greater sexual arousal for both men and women.
2. Berries, Berries and more Berries! Berries are sexy. They are high in vitamin B, C and folate, which are shown to be libido boosters. They also contain amazing antioxidants, which relax blood vessels and improve circulation for a natural “Viagra” effect.
3. Dark Chocolate. I know! Berries and chocolate! Nothing better. Dark chocolate, in particular, contains a compound called phenylethylamine, which releases the same endorphins triggered by sex and increases the feelings of attraction between two people. Next time you’re feeling frisky, introduce a little dark chocolate into the mix.
4. Fatty Fish. What’s good for your heart is good for your love life. Oily, wild-caught, cold water fish, such as salmon and tuna, contain the omega-3 fatty acids – DHA and EPA, which increase the dopamine levels in the brain, in turn, triggering arousal. These fatty acids also help reduce depression and reduce inflammation.
5. Nuts and Seeds. Pumpkin seeds, almonds, walnuts (as well as other nuts and seeds) contain monounsaturated fats, which create healthy cholesterol. Your sex hormones need that healthy cholesterol to work properly.
This is just the tip of the iceberg. If you’re struggling with your sexual health then I encourage you to take a hard look at healthy and natural ways to get your mojo back. There’s so much you can do for yourself (and your partner) so dig in and enjoy the process!
As always, if you’re looking for a little assistance in your healthy journey, then “contact me” for a complimentary “Empower Your Health” strategy session.
My friend and colleague, Greg Dyer and I will be promoting a new workshop in the future, called “Save The Boners”. If this interests you, please contact me through the info provided in my bio below.
About the Author
Bruce Anderson is a Holistic Health Coach. His passion is helping men and women rediscover the healthy aging process so they can look good and feel younger.
Bruce specializes in weight loss, management of cholesterol and inflammation as well as mindful-based stress-reduction. Bruce uses a holistic approach and believes that in order to truly transform your health and wellness, you need to treat both the mind and the body.
Connect with Bruce: